[aprssig] Radio Shack (NOT)

J. Gary Bender, WS5N WS5N at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 20 13:22:28 EST 2006

Interesting attitude.  I'll admit that half or more of the dollars I have spent in RS in recent years and months was for "larger items" -- mostly toys for the grandkids, it is virtually always a need for a small part that got me into the store.  I can't think of anything (big) I've seen in there, other than toys, that I'd want to buy.  TVs, stereos, computers are all a waste of time.  With the over saturation of Radio Shack stores in most cites, I doubt that cell phones will support them.

Thanks for the internet -- but I will miss the instant gratification of finding that little electronic gizmo that I didn't know I needed!  Gone are the days that "just looking" in a Radio Shack was more fun than a hardware store.
 -- Gary