[aprssig] Radio Shack (NOT)

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jan 19 15:33:14 EST 2006

Yeah, I ran into this too.  Fortunately we've got an electronic parts store
here, but they're still more limited than I'd like.

Best solution for me has been to open a web store and buy 500 of everything
I need at a time.  =]  Now I'm never short of powerpoles.  They actually
make a cool sound when you shake large bags of them.  =]

I was going nuts trying to find speaker mic cables... just plain, non-coiled
cables with 2.5mm and 3.5mm plugs.  No luck anywhere, found a couple US
companies that would make them - for $8 each, plus setup.  Finally found a
factory in China that makes accessories for Kenwood and other manufacturers,
and got them for a fraction of that.  They should be in this week or early
next.

If you know of any other APRS-related parts like that, that just aren't
economical to get one or two of, let me know.  I'm happy to carry stuff
that's useful to the APRS community.

Scott
N1VG