[aprssig] wx software identifier

Andy AB9FX ab9fx at aprs.pl
Wed Jan 18 20:33:14 EST 2006

I tried to find out what is the proper wx software identifier for Weather
Display.
According to http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/APRS-docs/WX.TXT there are
some examples:
% shows software type d=Dos, m=Mac, w=Win, etc
WX Trak puts t as identifier for WX Trak. Open Tracker puts O
What is for Weather Display? In this software there is option to end up wx
data with /fWD in files for wx reports with position. Maybe this is good
info about Weather Display itself but type of weather station. WD in the
option for positionless wx data puts at the end xOWWD, always.
In APRS spec there is just one letter for software and the next letters for
type of weather station, and then we've got:
dU2k - DOSAPRS with Ultimeter 2000
wDvs - WinAPRS with Davis weather station
etc.
Is there in any place updated list of wx software and wx station
identifiers?
73!
Andy