[aprssig] New WIDEn-N explaination please

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 10 12:35:12 EST 2006

>>> mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net 01/10/06 10:28 AM >>>
>I've encountered a packet that I do not understand:
>     K4WZ>SSSV7W,KA4TAR*,WIDE4-1,qAR,WA4DSY:'p1zl -/>
>
>K4WZ is about 150 miles away from KA4TAR,
>looking at WIDE4-1,... I'm hearing him on his 3rd hop.

Unfortunately, it appears that none of the digis except
maye K4WZ support the New-N paradigm. (grrr)....
otherwise they would give you a full trace of the packet
at each hop.   Having a full trace on all packets is one
of the most important parts of the New-N paradigm.

>It looks to me like KA4TAR is removing everything in
>the path that has already been used.

Yes, that was my biggest beef with the "old paradigm".
Not only does it not trace, but it overwrites any
previous trace before it!

de WB4APR, Bob