[aprssig] APRS Radio

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Sun Jan 8 22:31:42 EST 2006

Hi All
         I really do like my Kenwood D700.
But what I would really like is for Kantronics to come out with a
dual band Radio with a GPS also built in.

Think of a D700 with all its features and a KPC3 for the built in TNC
with a GPS to boot.

Only problem is that the price of the radio would probably be out of
reach for most if not all Hams.

On 8 Jan 2006 at 20:53, Wes Johnston wrote:

> That would be the alinco 135 and/or the kenwood d700.  They both contain
> the same TNC made by tasco which is (mostly) tnc-2 compatible.
>
> All this talk recently on the sig about what kenwood will/won't do
with
> firmware has got my eyeing an older kenwood... was it the V7a?  The
one
> that you could make the data port dedicated to one side or the
other.

> Wes

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs