[aprssig] APRS left in the dust - poo

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Fri Jan 6 18:02:35 EST 2006

I think you're going to find that the really hard part is the mapping
display.  Witness the difficulty in getting good maps for desktop APRS apps.
You'd really need to have a module made by Garmin or someone with the
mapping engine and map data.

For now, I'm concentrating on the modem part that will connect to a mapping
GPS.  Hopefully someone else will make a transceiver that can be integrated
with it.  But something like that Uniden handheld?  Not going to see that
unless someone wants to sink a LOT of money into development and production.

Scott
N1VG