[aprssig] APRS Meshing

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) farmer.aj at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 00:29:33 EST 2006

On 1/5/06, Richard W. Clement <clementrw at hotmail.com> wrote:
> - eg. no established digipeaters and no base stations.  The intention is to
> use a number of lightweight, portable radios such as the TH-D7a to create an
> ad hoc mesh that is survivable even if some radios fail.  I have worked with
> trying to create a mesh network - in one case with nine radios using WIDE7-7
> to ensure that as many radios copied the signal as possible.  My reasoning

Hi Richard,

This sounds similar to some discussion that I have hear either here or
maybe on the "Fixing Layer 2" list.  Someone had proposed the idea of
smart digipeaters that automatically learn their neighboring
digipeaters and only digipeat packets based on that type of criteria.
Obviously this would require more processing power than what is
available in a portable radio, but it may be a start.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com