[aprssig] Re: Where are the specs.?

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Thu Jan 5 20:11:01 EST 2006

So what exactly got accepted, Bob?  That page is not a specification
addendum.  It is a bunch of comments with links to pages that you and
others (including myself) created that are also not specifications (the
hacks.txt diatribe is not only ludicrous and self-serving, it is
outright fiction regarding what a server filter port does, and pages on
my sites are not part of the specification although you link to one of
them (note that my web pages are copyrighted and better not show up
copied in any form on your site, either)).

Your page on your site that claims to be the APRS 1.1 addendum to the
APRS 1.01 specification found at TAPR is a far cry from being considered
any type of specification in even the loosest of terms.  No wonder TAPR
wouldn't let you put it on their site.  I would think that someone with
such a long history with the military as yourself would be down right
embarrassed to put their name to that document masquerading as a
specification addendum.

You should be ashamed and ask the WG to remove any approvals until a
true specification addendum that actually has meaning is created (one
without your never ending biased statements and your statements
lambasting those who disagree with you).

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net