[aprssig] Re: Where are the specs.?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jan 5 19:54:05 EST 2006

I just checked the page and cannot find where you
say way further down the page it isnt 100% final.
Can you help me.  Maybe I'm missing it having been
here at work trying to finish two amateur satellites
for final delivery and working 24 hours a day and
sleeping on the floor.

>>> kc2mmi at verizon.net 01/05/06 3:53 PM >>>
 <<Google for APRS1.1 and you will go right to it.>>

Except, according to your own page, the APRS-WG still had not voted to accept
the spec. You open the page by saying it was accepted, but well down you say it
isn't 100% final yet.

Since their latest published standard
http://www.tapr.org/aprs_working_group.html is shown as v.1.0.1 and that's over
five years old....They've left you as a chorus of one. An unpublished,
unratified, standard proposal is not a standard.

"THE" standard, as officially accepted and announced byu APRS-WG, is still 1.0.1
and if that's incorrect, you folks really ought to figure out how to *publish*
standards.