[aprssig] The best resolution of position from APRS

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 5 12:46:51 EST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Gregg Wonderly wrote:

> Please, keep APRS on track for your needs, but don't sit here and gripe and
> complain about people having new ideas that are incompatibile with yours!

If we stick to the base-91 compressed objects issue for a moment
(ignoring OpenTrac and other issues which have crept into this same
thread), it's not even a new idea which has come up.  It's something
that was in the spec longer than it has been deprecated from the
spec, and which is actually used and implemented by real-world
software.  Nothing new at all.  Old stuff which is quite useful.