[aprssig] WARNING If you are using Streets&Trips 2006 orAutoroute2006 READ THIS

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Thu Jan 5 10:13:43 EST 2006

Well ... Yes and No!

Both Mac and Winders can be configured in what amounts to being
'promiscuous' mode, that is to say you tell it to 'connect to
anything that offers a connection.' I dunno about you but most people
I know who are regular mobile users are configured in this fashion.

  In this region (NW Vermont USA), wide open access points run about
50%. Except in the University of Vermont area in Burlington where
there are over a hundred access points all over that section of town
running wide open, but using SSH to validate.

cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <n1bq at wulfden.org>