[aprssig] Where are the specs.?

Bill Herrmann bherrman at spro.net
Wed Jan 4 23:39:32 EST 2006

At 11:57 AM 1/4/2006 -0500, Robert Bruninga wrote: (minus the political stuff)
>c) IMplement the new APRS 1.1 !DAO! format.
>[snip]
>or update to the APRS 1.2 spec  proposal which does try to

Ok, I have to ask where are either one of those specs.? I went to
http://www.tapr.org/aprs_working_group.html and the latest spec. there is
APRS 1.01.

Is there somewhere else I (and anyone else that wants to know how APRS
packets are formatted) should be looking? For the record I monitor the
APRSSPEC list too and didn't see any of this discussion over there where it
probably belonged.

Bill

p.s. Apologies in advance if it's already been mentioned where to find
these specs. I couldn't find it in the time I had available to sort through
messages all with the same subject.