[aprssig] The best resolution of ---

Charles Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Wed Jan 4 22:53:48 EST 2006

On 1/4/2006 Scott Miller wrote:
 <snip>
> If you want to take a crack at designing a consistent destination scheme
> that handles named stations, areas, and groups, go for it!  That's been
> lacking from the spec and it's still bugging me.  It needs to be UNIFORM -
> you use the same format to address a station-to-station message, to set an
> area bulletin, etc.
<snip>

This is where the idea of 3 KINDS of messges come in

to use "IP" speak

"Unicast" - station to station - this packet goes from KG2V to WA2GUG
"Broadcast" - "This packet goes from KG2V to EVERYONE who can hear me"
and the hardest - and probably MOST important
"Multicast" - this packet goes to the following list of people - and
sometimes you have to put together the packet more than once

I'd say base the who darned thing on TCP/IP - the stacks and the like
will already be there

--
73 de KG2V

For the Children - RKBA!

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
 Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
 Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined"
-- Patrick Henry