[aprssig] The best resolution of position from APRS

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Wed Jan 4 07:46:30 EST 2006

On Jan 3, 2006, at 11:09 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

>  Isnt it great that the radio is still completely compatible with
> APRS.

... only after retracting/rolling back parts of the spec,
apparently.  That doesn't quite fit my idea of "compatible", but it
does make me think of the old joke: How many Microsoft employees does
it take to change a light bulb?  None - they redefine darkness as the
industry standard.

I personally would like to see more effort in actual advancements to
APRS, and less effort keeping everything frozen in time so that we're
backwards compatible with 10 or 20 year old designs.

-Jason
kg4wsv