[aprssig] Auto Radio On/Off - WAS The best resolution of position from APRS

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Jan 3 22:26:20 EST 2006

Be glad to.... Scott sold me a new prototype of an opentracker that can
switch power on and off.  I think tiny track can do the same... but
Scott's board already has the layout that includes a place to mount a
power mosfet.... IPS5451.  On Scott's board, it has large diameter holes
for 12gauge wires to hook to power pole connectors.  I just plug the
tracker into the PP connector in the trunk and daisy chain the 2m radio.

Again, tiny track can do the same thing, but you'll have to provide your
own PCB for the mosfet and power pole connectors.

Wes