[aprssig] Auto Radio On/Off - WAS The best resolution of positionfrom APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jan 3 22:22:06 EST 2006

> Could you briefly explain how you get the radio to come on 2 seconds
> before transmitting and then turning off afterwards?  Sorry if I
> missed it earlier in the discussion.

Wes has the only OT1m prototype in regular service.  It's a larger
OpenTracker board with an IPS5451 high side switch on it.  You can do the
same with any OpenTracker (they all take the same firmware) but you'll need
to supply your own relay, MOSFET, etc.  I haven't made any more of that
particular version because the layout needs some changes and I haven't had
time to work on it.

Scott
N1VG