[aprssig] Digipeater routing: 'Get me to findu'

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Feb 28 11:59:51 EST 2006

?APRSH along with most queries are responded to in an ad-hoc fashion
across different applications.  Just stating fact here, not opinion.

> It would amaze me if any APRS software did not keep heard
> statistics for each station for at least
> 24 hours.  Knowing the  availability of surrounding local
> APRS stations is critical in any local event or
> network...   24 hours seems to match the human
> schedule  pretty well...   ***Especially on HF where
> propogation is diurnal...       de WB4APR, Bob

Nice and true for client software if that software also gives you the
option to limit this history.  Such a long history of individual station
statistics is of no value to software with no user interface such as
javAPRSIGate.  As such, it only keeps a history of the last 30 minutes
(or whatever setting the sysop puts in) for stations heard on RF since
that is all it needs to know.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net