[aprssig] Using a TNC as a CW Beacon Only

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Feb 19 10:46:50 EST 2006

Andre PE1RDW said...

> You can find it on the http://www.pa3gco.com site.

& Fred WB4AEJ commented...

> that site seems to be dead at the moment...

To make a long story short, Albert PA3GCO is using DNS servers at
mydomain.com for www.pa3gco.com to get to dnsix.com which is apparently
redirecting it to http://213.244.160.52/albert/htmldocs which appears to be
in the Netherlands, but there is no host name associated with that IP
address. A search for www.pa3gco.com at Google indicates that it was...
"Homepage PA3GCO: Nokia atf2, packet -76K8 70cm and 23 cm,callsign
generator, atv, hamradio, 10 GHz, repeaters" but clicking on their cache of
the site doesn't show anything because they tried to retrieve a copy of the
site on Feb 18 and it didn't load for them either. In other words, like Fred
said... it appears to be dead at the moment. <g>

www.pa3gco.cm isn't quite "24 uur per dag" but anyone interested could
try and contact Albert at pa3gco @ amsat.org, or you could look for him
on 1242.350 MHz if you are within range of him. Amazing what you can do with
a hacked lunchbox-sized Nokia cell phone! I had never heard of them being
used on 23 cm before!. www.qsl.net/pa3gco/zelfbouw/nokia23cm/nok23_uk.html

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH