[aprssig] New APRS Client, Request for Developers

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 18 20:32:09 EST 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006, Ben Jackson wrote:

> Over the past month, I've been messing about with a APRS client for Windows of
> my own making, OpenAPRS. OpenAPRS was initially started because I was bored,
> and wanted to see if I could work something out that could interpret position
> reports. After showing it off to a few people I knew, I wholeheartedly got the
> response of "Hey, you should release this." So, I am.

Bravo for releasing your code by the way!  We'll need something to
replace UI-View at some point, even though everybody keeps telling
me that it'll live forever due to how well it was written.  ;-)

I just saw another bug this week from a UI-View weather station that
needs fixing.  Perhaps someone is already working on a plug-in to
fix it:  If the barometric pressure is too low, UI-View sends 4
numerals in the field instead of five.  Other clients don't decode
it because it isn't per the spec.

Perhaps we can share code in the future if your code is also GPL'ed
(didn't check the license on SourceForge yet).  I don't know how
hard it is to convert C# to C or C++, or vice-versa.  That might
reduce the amount of work each project has to do in order to stay
current.  That is if we can't entice you over to our project some
day...  hi hi

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer