[aprssig] D700 or... ? for simultaneous voice and packet

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Sat Feb 18 17:03:41 EST 2006

Yikes.... a local ham here (I won't name him, but the other guy here in
my home town knows whom I speak of)..... wanted to make an alt input
digipeater.  So he took two radios and hooked them to a T coax connector
(and one anntena), tuned one to 144.39 and one to 144.99 -600.  Neither
one seems to have been harmed, but I am VERY worried about this.  When I
advised him to NOT do that, he said it hadn't blown up yet, so why stop
now..... wow....  Can you guess who's equipment I will not consider for
purchase when it comes up for sale?

Wes