[aprssig] D700 or... ? for simultaneous voice and packet

Rich Mulvey aprs at mulveyfamily.com
Sat Feb 18 08:55:03 EST 2006

AE5PL Lists wrote:
> The Icom 2720 supports running a data on one side with voice on the
> other.  Its not "cheap", but it is about $100 cheaper than the D700.  Of
> course you will have to supply your own tracker.

   I'd considered the 2720, but when I was doing some investigation,
there are reports that way too many of them have problems with blown
finals, and switch issues - much more so than other rigs.  Whereas with
the V7a, usually you only need to worry about the display degrading in a
more gradual fashion.  ;-)

- Rich