[aprssig] D700 or... ? for simultaneous voice and packet

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Feb 17 16:50:58 EST 2006

On Feb 17, 2006, at 12:59 PM, Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV wrote:

> The data band would preempt the voice band when it was ready to
> send a packet. I found this very frustrating when I used a V7A both
> with a KPC-3+ and a TT2. That is why I switched to a D700 and have
> never noticed the problem again.

Depends on how the D700 is set.  The TNC can listen to just the data
band squelch or to both bands before transmitting.  I originally set
it to "both", but I rarely got a packet out while monitoring
repeaters, weather, etc.  I later chose to let it blank the voice
band for a second in return for getting my position reports out.

-Jason
kg4wsv