[aprssig] APRS and EchoLink

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Feb 17 11:55:45 EST 2006

Bruce KQ4TV wrote on Feb 17 2006

> The Vanderbilt University ARC has a repeater with attached EchoLink
> hardware. We also have an APRS iGate. Looking at some of the EchoLink
> documentation it seems to say that if you want your EchoLink repeater
> identified on the APRS network (RF or IS) that it requires a separate
> attached TNC and Radio and some specific settings in EchoLink. Is
> there not some way that some settings can be made in EchoLink to send
> the info via internet and have the iGate pick it up and transmit the
> info via RF?

Note... my comments are about an IRLP node. A TNC & radio could send
something out via RF. There is an "off the shelf" solution for an IRLP node.
First, if an IRLP node operational, it has a TCPIP connection. Same for
EchoLink. There is an add-on in the IRLP Yahoo group files area. It sends
the status of an IRLP node to an APRS server. The operator of a local IGate
can gate the status via RF. Could the IRLP add-on be adapted, or is there a
similar solution for EchoLink?

Look for IRLP node 1147 (not in its permanent home yet) for an example.
Make sure the * gets included for a wild-card on the end of the following
URL.     <www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=irlp*>

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH