[aprssig] APRS for a motorcycle - radios?

Ken Brown W2KB at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 20:39:00 EST 2006

A few times I've used the D700 with the 1995 Harley FXDS.  Garmin III+ on a
handle bar mount with the entire D700 in one of the saddle bags, control
head too since I didn't intend to try to actually operate it, only use it as
a tracker.  Power came from the plug I had installed for electric vest and
gloves.  I had installed a metal luggage rack that is above the rear wheel
fender, just behind the pillion seat.  5/8 wave Larsen mag mount on the rack
worked fine.

For this very temporary setup I got lots of posits recorded via findu.  The
50 watts of transmit had to be a factor over HT levels of course.

73, ---Ken W2KB