[aprssig] APRS for a motorcycle - radios?

Mark Cheavens mcheavens at usa.net
Wed Feb 15 08:09:02 EST 2006

I built a tracker for my motorcycle (DRZ-400 Dual Sport) out of a old
Kenwood HT that had a bad battery pack. I put the TinyTrak inside the
battery case and as I usually do, reversed the LED on the board and
drilled holes to the outside of the case so the LED's are visible.
The whole package is very small and works well. The single biggest
improvement would be using a REAL antenna over the short rubber duck.
I have not figured out a good antenna solution for the motorcycle
yet! (suggestions welcome).

If anyone is interested I could take photos of the package and put
them on my web site.

Mark
KC5EVE