[aprssig] UIDIG ID packet?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 14 13:39:48 EST 2006

I was watching the channel the other day and saw a
local UIDIGI ROM digipeater send out a packet something like this:

W3XXX>UIDIGI:UIDIGI version 1.9

THis packet is of no real value to APRS just like the
HID packet in other TNC's.  It is not in APRS format,
it uses a non APRS TOCALL, and it is not in STATUS
format either.  Since the digi is supposed to include
APNU19 as it's too call, then we already can see
its version number in all of its other packets.

Since it is not in APRS format, no one captures these
are is aware of them unless they just happen to be
watching RAW packets...

So is there a way to turn this off?
thanks
Bob