[aprssig] RDF

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 14 10:06:56 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Andrew Rich wrote:

> About to embark on an RDF venture, can someone suggest some mounting options
> for the aluminium plate I am about to stick on my car ?
>
> I have seen tennis balls cut in half, do suction cups work ?

They'll give you a nice soft mount, but don't rely on them to keep
the plate on the car.  You'll have to strap it down so something
that won't move.  Also be careful of the rubber attaching
permanently to your paint after being in the sun a few weeks.  I had
a mag-mount Garmin GPS that did that, to someone else's car!

Go with separate mag-mount antennas like the other poster said.
Create a template for positioning them or mark the correct positions
on your roof with tape/marker/paint.