[aprssig] "-B" SSID

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sun Feb 12 22:37:10 EST 2006

Steve modified findU last week to allow display of non-numeric SSIDs.
They have always been allowed and supported by most software on APRS-IS
and by most software including the Kenwood radios for third-party
packets on RF.

D-STAR does not use AX.25.  The packets you are seeing are converted to
APRS format using the DSTARInterface on javAPRSSrvr/javAPRSIGate.  There
is also a stand-alone version which can be used with any off-the-shelf
APRS software which can be an APRS-IS client (like UI-View, Xastir,
etc.).  For more information, take a look at
http://www.aprs-is.net/dstartnc2.htm  This is what is referred to by
Icom as D-PRS.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL