[aprssig] FW: Animal tracking using GPS+UHF

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Thu Feb 9 18:09:51 EST 2006

Well Alinco did make a UHF version of the same credit card radio. They
still do make 2M.70CM versions of it. The TinyTrack at least can switch
the transmitter on X seconds before it beacons, so that would save some
batteries. Too bad the pockettracker died :(
A kangaroo is a pretty big animal. I bet you could get a whole digi
setup in the pouch!
Joe