[aprssig] Kenwood D7 data cables

David Huff davidh at cf.distek.com
Thu Feb 9 10:16:52 EST 2006

That is why many people like the "Make your own" cables. You can add
torroids, filtering, or optocoupling to a cable a lot easier when the
cable is not done. I have found that those snap on torroids can
dramatically cut the noise on signaling cables without much effort.

David
kc0gfo

  In my experience the signal gets noisier when a computer is connected
to the D7 and when finding this web page,
http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~pe1dnn/#TH-D7E_Noise,
I got it explained. I havn't tried any of the solutions, since, for me,
it seems easier to attach an external antenna than solder those 2.5 mm
plugs...