[aprssig] Kenwood D7 data cables

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 00:49:11 EST 2006

scott at opentrac.org wrote:
> .
> I've added a suitable substitute to my inventory, at
> http://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29, for $2.50
> each.  They're basically the same thing, but longer (6 feet), with a
> heavier-duty cable (3.7mm vs. 2mm), so they're not as flexible but I'm also
> not nearly as afraid of them falling apart after a little flexing.  They're
> actually lower profile and stick out about 2mm less when inserted, but still
> have plenty of clearance.
>
> Not sure if anyone else is carrying these cheap, but I wanted to have a
> bunch on hand anyway, so what the heck.

I have bought a bunch of cables with bare leads on one end and the 2.5MM
stereo miniplug on the other from Mouser. They offer them with either
straight or right-angle plugs molded on for $2.50-$3.50 depending on
length.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/DigiPaths