[aprssig] jfindu.net - Citizens weather (NOT)

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Wed Feb 8 18:00:51 EST 2006

First, when you are replying via the list, do _not_ also reply via
direct email.  It simply doubles up my inbox and the spam-eater
sometimes thinks that the emails are spam because of the duplication.

Second, the pages are working.  As Robbie pointed out, you will still
see weather stations, just not CW* stations.

Third, the map width and height is in pixels.  The map width and height
do not have anything to do with how much physical area is displayed.
Unlike APRSDos, javAPRS has the ability to work with multiple projection
methods (MapPoint used on jFindu uses Vertical Projection and NWS radar
GIFs use Stereographic projection).  Therefore your scales that are used
in APRSDos are essentially useless with maps of any scale using non-flat
projections.  You can easily zoom in and out to your heart's desire by
clicking once on the map and using the PageUp and PageDown keys.  The
full table of key commands are shown below the map.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net