[aprssig] Wanted: tone-based reset module schematics

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 7 08:36:17 EST 2006

Actually, this is what PCSAT uses too.  A simple
555 timer with a transistor hooked to the PTT line.
If it doesnt get hit once every few minues, the 555
times out and resets the TNC>..

>>> ron.tonneson at gmail.com 02/06/06 10:29 PM >>>
Brad,

I have a design that I use on my digipeaters.  It is not quite that simple but it does the same job and does not need
you to do any tones.  It monitors the RF output of the transmitter, if is stays on to long or does not come on at least
once every 12 minutes or so it will cycle the power to the radio and TNC.  My design is documented on the Yahoo UI-Digi
group at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/uidigi/files/APRS%20Monitor/ If you are not on that group I can put the info in
an email attachment for you.

Ron - K0QVF