[aprssig] APRS-SCS 1.28 is now ready

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Mon Feb 6 19:28:05 EST 2006

HI All

APRS-SCS version 1.28 is now ready for your down loading pleasure.
Please please please if you already have aprs-scs installed on your
PC then use the
upgrade.zip file. No using aprsscsfull.zip and installing to another
directory. No using aprsscsfull.zip and installing on top of your old
version. The setup program and
Windows will not like this.

For those that will be using upgrade.zip please read the upgrade.txt
file that is inside
upgrade.zip

Upgrade.txt contains very important information on how to upgrade
aprs-scs.

Note aprs-scs does not work on Win2k. So if you are using win2k
please do not
try to install aprs-scs.
Aprs-scs works just fine with Win98 and WinXP.

I have now received 3 reports that users were able to install and run
aprs-scs on Win2k.
Maybe the earlier reports were from corrupt Win2k systems. Maybe a
Microsoft Win2k
Service Pack has fixed the problem. I do not know. All I can say at
this point is
“Your Millage May Vary.

What follows is the WhatsNew  Please read all of the Whatsnew.

Version 1.28 scs can now use Bitmaps, Jpeg, and Gif files as its
maps. aprs-scs can now read and understand UI-View INF files. So for
example a user has UI-View bitmaps or Jpeg or Gif maps all a user has
to do to these maps with aprs-scs is copy the Bitmap or jpeg or gif
files to \aprsscs\bitmap sub directory along with their INF files.
That is all there to it. no math conversions by the user. would like
to thank Tony VK5AH for all his help with the above new map feature.
you Tony without your help this would not have been possible.

As always you can obtain aprs-scs at
http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs

73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net