[aprssig] Waypoint truncation

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sun Feb 5 15:16:24 EST 2006

Yeah, I understand how it works in the Kenwood.  I'm asking if people think
that's the best way to do it, or if there could be a better way.  Right now
I'm just truncating from the left:

http://n1vg.net/images/gps48-waypoints.gif

But I'm planning to drop dashes and truncate from the right.  I'm also
curious if the Kenwoods output any comment or symbol data in Magellan mode -
I haven't built a radio-to-PC cable for my D7 yet to check.  Gotta remember
to pick up a batch of those stereo 2.5mm connectors.

Scott
N1VG