[aprssig] TNC-200 Assistance

Rich Schiller w4rse at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 31 12:18:55 EST 2006

I have recently acquired a used TNC-200 and I am unable to communicate
between it and the computer.  When power is applied I get 5 lights on the
front and while I am connected to the port with HyperTerminal all I get are
"off the wall" characters, nothing legible, and no commands are accepted.

I have matched the baud on the TNC to the baud on the port and vice versa,
trying everything between 1200 and 9600 baud.
I have tried using a null modem, to no avail.

Don't know if I am missing something, or just loosing my mind.

Any assistance is appreciated

Rich Schiller - W4RSE
W4RSE at earthlink.net