[aprssig] Plug and Play USB-to-RS232?

Gary n6lrv at cox.net
Sun Dec 24 14:45:33 EST 2006

Why don't you want to add anymore device drivers to your PC? Are you confusing drivers with plugins? This doesn't make any sense. There are likely hundreds of device drivers already on your PC
so another legitimate one won't make any difference except to allow the related device to communicate with your PC's OS and programs.  One of the biggest problems with today's PC users is that
they fail to update the BIOS and device drivers already on their PC's so manufacturers have to resort to automatic updating as well as those annoying popup notices in an effort to reduce
customer dissatisfaction and support calls.
Gary