[aprssig] RE: aprssig Digest, Vol 30, Issue 18 - UI-View SatGate Parms

Ken Whalen vo1st at rac.ca
Tue Dec 19 18:14:40 EST 2006

With respect to Satgate settings, does a setup page exist for UI-View?

Ken VO1ST-1

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 12:21:48 -0500
From: "A.J. Farmer (AJ3U)" <farmer.aj at gmail.com>
Subject: [aprssig] Get ready to receive RAFT and ANDE telemetry!

The RAFT and ANDE satellites are due to be launched from Shuttle
Discovery after it undocks from the ISS.  Like PCSAT and PCSAT-2, they
will be transmitting telemetry and digipeating APRS packets on
145.825.  We are in need of stations around the world to receive this
telemetry and gate it to the APRS-IS.

You do not need a complex station to help out!  A 2-meter receiver and
omni-directional antenna will work just fine.  If we have many
stations with omni antennas that participate, it will be just as
effective as a smaller number of stations that have full tracking
antennas.  When you are away from your home 2M station, put it to good
use by setting it to 145.825 and gate the packets heard to the APRS-IS
using software such as UI-View32 (http://www.ui-view.org).  You can
also use ALogger which was designed for this purpose.  You can
download ALogger here:  http://www.billdiaz.dynip.com/Alogger204.zip

An easier option: If you have a TM-D700 radio, it is very easy to set
up your radio to work as a SatGate to help capture these packets.  You
do not need an Internet connection at all for this setup!  See details
here:

http://aj3u.com/aprs/aj3u-10.php

Here is the operations website for ANDE and RAFT:

http://eng.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/ande-raft-ops.html

Access for digipeating is not granted until their primary mission is
complete.  Look for an e-mail from Bob (WB4APR) for a go-ahead to
start digipeating.

--
A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com