[aprssig] smallest tracker?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Dec 4 13:22:12 EST 2006

> I still think the TH-D7 with a GPS attached is the best over
> all portable
> tracker.  Of course this excludes balloon projects and the like.

Meh.  I think my D7A is great for sending messages and such (I use it all
the time to control Tracker2s) but I'm not terribly impressed with it as a
tracker.  No SmartBeaconing, mediocre battery life, clunky form factor.  As
a voice radio, I'd much rather carry around my son's VX-150 on my belt than
the D7A.  It's useful, but far from perfect.

Scott
N1VG