[aprssig] backup pwr systems

Joe Della Barba joe at dellabarba.com
Sun Dec 3 19:50:47 EST 2006

You guys are making this way too complicated. You just described a boat
plugged into shore power. The battery charger charges the batteries that
run the radio. When you unplug the cord and leave the dock, then you are
on battery power unless the engine is running. Just go buy a nice big
battery, gel or AGM preferred for indoors, and a decent battery charger.
The nice part is the battery charger only needs to keep up with the
average load, not the peak load.
73
Joe
N3HGB