[aprssig] Filter port

Robbie, wa9inf mwrobertson at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 18:06:11 EDT 2006

I am not now getting all the stations from all the world as before which
prompted the thread Pete, and at that time my filter string was "filter
t/n/ilx*/mkx* b/k9krw/kb9yx* -b/cw*"  (without the quotes)

With the above, I was getting all the CW stations until I added the
-b/CW*. That stopped the CW stations. I have no idea why I was getting
them unless somehow the t/n was including the CW stations, but I was not
getting an error on the filter string until the other day. I then found
I could use the t/n and t/ILX*/MKX* seperately with no error. Then today
I was getting up to 345 stations where as yesterday with that filter
string, my station count rarely exceeded 80 stations except when the
band opens, none of the the increased stations came from the internet
feed.. It is as if someone changed something without us knowing?

Anyways, I am not now getting the internet feed from the world over with
this string: "filter t/n p/ILX*/MKX* b/K9KRW/KB9YQX*" without the
quotes, :-)

If I understood correctly from my previous discussions, t/n would not
necessarily give me ILX* and MKX* messages and objects?? I will have to
check further on this..

Thanks for the help Pete and Roger, sorry to have drug this out so long,
and hope I've learned something maybe, :-)

Robbie