[aprssig] ISS

Ron Wenig ny3j at comcast.net
Sat Aug 26 08:23:08 EDT 2006

Good Morning All,

I just read Steve WB8IMY Ford's article in this month's QST on APRS and ISS
and decided to give it a try.  I followed the instructions in the article
and set up the receive frequency for 145.800.  I have a prediction program
running and listened for packets with UI-View when the ISS was in site but I
couldn't even hear a slight signal from it.  Before I beat my head against
the wall too many more times is the packet station turned on and should I at
least be able to copy packets from the ISS.

Thanks and 73,

Ron ny3j at comcast.net