[aprssig] Looking for a power supply

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 04:47:30 EDT 2006

Hmmm..

Universal input with 24VAC output could be a tad expensive, and
problematical to do safely (for the device powered by the 24VAC that
is!)

SMPS's exist that'll do 48V and 12VDC, and with universal inputs, but if
you also want a LF 24VAC (50 or 60Hz) you'll need something special.

Can the camera actualy use DC, or does it realy "Need" AC?  (Pan/Tilt
drives etc?) I only ask, as its use of AC may be for legacy
compatability otherwise.  It'll be DC internaly anycase...

Could it use square wave AC?  At least you could use a 24V DC supply and
a crude LF H-Bridge driver to produce that or a modified sine output
from 33.9VDC, much as many of the cheap car to mains inverters do...
(HF converter to 155V (or 310V) then H-Bridge to 50 or 60Hz Mod Sine
Wave)

Or look for another camera system that uses DC drives for pan tilt focus
and zoom etc, If that's the problem.  They are about...

Another thought, go to powerstream.com  Maybe they can help?
http://powerstream.com/  Unless you've already been there...

Just thoughts....

Dave G0WBX.