[aprssig] APRS wish list

Bob Burns K4RXR k4rxr_ at rlburns.net
Thu Aug 17 17:39:26 EDT 2006

Quoting "Jan T. Pharo" <la2bba at jpharo.net>:

> Bob Burns K4RXR <k4rxr_ at rlburns.net>, Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:12:01 -0400:
>
>> It'd be great if there was a way to let the D700 continue to run in
>> APRS mode and then have a mapping program that pulls the positions
>> from the D700. I haven't seen anything like that out there.
>
> A maritime GPS/Chart plotter, getting NMEA IN from the D700, will do
> that.

Interesting point. The D700 will generate NMEA waypoints ($GPWPL
sentences) for
position reports that it receives and transmit them back to the GPS
receiver on
the GPS port of the D700. Some GPS's will then display those waypoints.

Is there a PC-based APRS client that can read those waypoints from the RS-232
port on the D700?

Bob...