[aprssig] qAR & qAr, same igate

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 16 10:56:44 EDT 2006

I'm seeing some of my packets duplicated on the APRS-IS stream.
Packets come across first with "qAR,CALLSIGN" as the identifying
igate, then again a few minutes later with "qAr,CALLSIGN*" as the
igate.  The Q-construct is different plus there's an asterisk after
the callsign.

    qAr - Packet was received indirectly (via an intermediate
    server) from an IGate using the ,I construct.  The callSSID
    following the qAr it the callSSID of the IGate.

    qAR - Packet was received directly (via a verified connection)
    from an IGate using the ,I construct.  The callSSID following
    the qAR it the callSSID of the IGate.

So... Is this expected behavior or is something else going on?