[aprssig] Horse Enduro

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Aug 15 07:02:34 EDT 2006

I would recommend #4.  Low frequency usage, identification of sending
station, positive acknowledgement, and judging from your subsequent
example, single message format.  As to using Linux vs. Windows, either
one would work fine for this application if the program was written for
cross-platform use (Java works cross-platform with no problems,
including doing SQL inserts and selects).  APRS+SA has a "message form"
capability where you can define a form for the user to fill in and the
data is then transmitted as a comma-delimited APRS message.  That would
take care of your client end.  The only thing to do on the host end is
acknowledge the packets and put the data into the database.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net