[aprssig] In car power solution for GPS 18

John Gleichweit smokeybehr at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 12 17:25:50 EDT 2006

I agree. Most GPS units take such a miniscule amount of power that it would
take several days of operation to run the battery down. If you do want to
run an auxiliary battery to run just the GPS, and possibly the TNC and XCVR,
then you'd need a charge regulator like what West Mountain has.
http://www.westmountainradio.com/SuperPWRgate.htm has all the charging
circuitry to keep from overcharging the battery.

--
John "Smokey Behr" Gleichweit FF1/EMT, CCNA, MCSE
IPN-CAL023 N6FOG UP Fresno Sub MP183.5 ECV1852