Fw: [wl2kemcomm] Fw: [aprssig] Anyone know what DISABL is?

Patrick Green pagreen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 11:21:43 EDT 2006

Hi All,

  I was able to connect to DISABL last night in a band opening 5 different
times and got this heard list out of it.  I removed all of the "*" entries
as these are digipeated packets:

K35D       07/28/2006 09:32:22
N9SU       07/28/2006 09:32:50
KA9SCF-7   07/28/2006 09:33:15
KC8LCP-15  07/28/2006 09:43:35
K9ABC-10   07/28/2006 09:44:09
K35D       07/28/2006 09:44:17
KA9SCF-7   07/28/2006 09:44:25
NS9RC      07/28/2006 09:49:40
KC8LCP-15  07/28/2006 09:50:35
KA9SCF-7   07/28/2006 09:50:43
KA9SCF-15  07/28/2006 09:55:10
KA9SCF-7   07/28/2006 09:55:51
WB9WLS     07/28/2006 10:21:42
KA9SCF-7   07/28/2006 10:21:45

times appears to be GMT+5

I could barely hear this station on my HT with a hand held beam (Arrow).  On
a better band opening night, I could be able to identify it based on layer 1
(the way it sounds) and digipeat on the DISABL call seems to be disabled.

As K4HG points out, even if I do identify it, I probably wouldn't follow
up.  It seems that the problem is well known, there isn't a good work around
for it yet, and the packets don't take a lot of space on the channel.  Now I
would be more interested in contacted the party if it was a CWID of KJ0JJJ
or something like that because that would take a large chunk of the channel
time ;-).

So far this appears to be in SW lower Michigan.  It's been fun so far trying
to figure out what and where it is!

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.