[aprssig] Auto. Emailing by a D7A

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 11:41:00 EDT 2006

I'm guessing that his application is in a maritime environment.  There
are some services that accept position reports via email, usually sent
with winlink or commerical vendor.  Often the email, sent over HF,
contains position report and weather information.  Perhaps he wants to
send email via APRS, instead of winlink, while in port.

I have recently wondered if ship locations would be able to be
included on a sub-net of the APRS-IS (sort of like firenet for ships
at sea).  I've noticed that at
http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shiplocations.phtml there are lots of
ships listed with amateur radio callsigns.