[aprssig] Auto. Emailing by a D7A

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Thu Aug 3 09:47:20 EDT 2006

As noted by others, there is no such function to automatically send an
APRS message in the D7.  You can do this (sort of) in a couple of ways:

Enter an APRS message to APRS-EM to send an email to your recipient just
as you would to EMAIL (there are more options to javAPRSEmail like being
able to use shortcut names for email addresses; see
http://www.aprs-is.net/email.htm ).  The message body generated by
APRS-EM provides a link for the recipient to click on and see a static
display of your position.  Once this message is entered into your D7, it
stays as the default until you send a different message.  This makes it
pretty easy to resend this message at different times of the day.

The other method (truly automatic) is what was described by someone else
on this list: write an application to monitor the APRS-IS stream for
your position reports (easy to do with a buddy filter on a filter port -
b/AA3JY-7 for instance) and send the email from your application.  This
could be done with Perl and most other programming languages and
environments.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net